Thursday, August 4, 2011

God Bless America, Land that I love!

 The 4th of July is pretty much my favorite holiday. I love everything about it the parades, the colors, the fireworks, the BBQs, I really could go on and on. So I love to be with my family on this holiday because they love this holiday just as much as I do! We started our morning out by participating in my mom's neighborhood 4th of July bike parade. Last year my kids were pretty sad that they didn't have their bikes to decorate. Grammy pulled out all the stops this year and took the kids over to the D.I. and got them some pretty awesome bikes. I am serious they were awesome! I feel like the lame parent because I took no pictures of this occasion! Anyways I spruced up my old 10 speed and even purchased a baby seat for Jaida to be included in the parade. Well I will have you know that our little family won the most patriotic award!! We won some fireworks that we never got around to lighting, oops!
 After that we headed off to the annual West Jordan Parade. My mom has an in with a detective in W.J. that saves us some pretty good seats. The kids had a really good time and for some reason were overly obsessed with all the fliers they were handing out to the crowd. You would have thought they were collectors items or something. That afternoon we went over to my Aunt Peggy and Uncle Paul's house for their annual BBQ. It is always good food, laughs, and company. Their backyard is a dream for kids! We always have a really good time.
 Then the 4th wouldn't be the 4th without going to the Bee's game. My boys absolutely look forward to this every year. Thanks to my Dad who makes it possible every year. It is always a good time. My boys did pretty well this year and weren't as antsy. The fireworks are the very best!
 They were pretty psyched.
 Jaida wasn't quite sure what was going on, but for the most part she was great. My parents were a huge help to me because I was still flying solo at this point. I was so very grateful for the extra hands!
What a view right? I miss the mountains. Until next year...

No comments: