Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm all shook up

So yesterday was like any other ordinary day. Wake up, feed the kids, yada yada. We went to the park with some friends. After coming home and putting Jaida down for a nap and setting up the boys a movie for quiet time, I was just getting ready to enjoy MY ALONE time when BAM! The loudest roaring sound started. My first thought was," who the heck is the jerk that decided to park right in front of our house with their music blaring?" I was just about to pull out the Mama Bear in me and stomp outside and find out who they were, when all of a sudden our whole house started a shakin'!! I was totally caught of guard and after years of living right on one of the biggest fault lines in Utah, this was a first for me. I had never experienced this feeling before. As I watched as things started to fall from my shelves and my kids started to get that worried look in their eyes. I will admit I totally panicked. It seemed as if it lasted forever, it was about a minute and a half. But once it stopped I grabbed my cute boys and hugged them tight. I was just glad that everyone was okay and that it wasn't worse! They say that its epicenter was in Mineral, VA about 100 miles from us and that it was measured as a 5.9 in magnitude. This was no small one! What an experience that I will never forget!

No comments: