Tuesday, April 29, 2008

All Aboard....

Waiting for the TRAIN!
Riding on the Train....
A day with Daddy!


Yesterday I had this wild hair that I should take an adventure. I decided to take the boys on the new Frontrunner Train that goes from Ogden to Salt Lake. We hopped on at the Clearfield station and it was pretty smooth. We got a seat in the front of the train, we were just excited to have a seat.. since it is free for the next few days it was packed. Pierce was super excited and chatted the ENTIRE way down. The people around us were so sweet and glad to hear his excitement! He kept saying, " Mama is this kinda like Thomas?, Is this Like Percy?, Is this like James?" and continued naming all the character trains from Thomas the Train! He loves trains, so this was right up his alley!Also there was a smashed bug on the window that entertained him for a good portion of the ride he kept saying" EWW.. Mama, that is disgusting! Do you see that BUG!" Anyways the most exciting part was that we got to meet Trent, my mom and Whitney down town for lunch. Pierce was in heaven. Brock was DONE! We then went over to walk around the temple grounds, that is what Pierce has been wanting to do for some time now. Yesterday was a perfect day! He loves to look at the flowers and water features. And he was really excited to run on grass, since we have none at our house. Sometimes when I ask him what he wants to do for the day he will answer" Mama lets go find some grass.. that would be so fun!" Anyways he was glad to spend some time with Trent. But when It was time for us to go...MELT DOWN! Let me paint the picture: Brock in one arm falling asleep, Pierce throwing an ultimate 2 year old tantrum. I am trying to get from the Trax station to the Frontrunner station, as we arrive we realize that the line for the train is like a MILE long! I am bound and determined at this point to just get home. I squeeze my way on the train and find a seat comfortably on the Ground! Not too Comfy! By this time Pierce is still crying and hanging on my one leg, Brock wakes up and starts screaming too. I am sure the people on the train were super excited when I boarded! They finally calmed down and we actually had an okay ride home. My kids were very well behaved considering all that I had dragged them through and being Squished on a train floor for an hour! Needless to say we were really excited to get home.
The rest of the evening consisted of just that REST! We just chilled. Anyways it really was a great experience and I was glad that I did it, especially while it is free.. lets face it I AM CHEAP!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

sounds like a fun day...you are brave to do it alone with two kids in toe!! I thought about it for about half a second but realized doing it with three would be completely insane.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, Do you think that this year we will be able to replace those Bees shirts? I just always want to hide Tydens. We are excited to have you come down and play with us tomorrow.

Mary Ellen said...

Yeah, that does sound like a great time! We've decided to wait a week and do it when it's NOT free! Funny. I can just see you hauling a baby with a toddler wrapped around your leg! Fun times had by all!

Brittanny said...

I do want to ride it too...to the Gateway & shop! But after today...it will be like $10 to ride...each person...so its not likely I will go anytime soon! I am glad you had fun though!

lins.e said...

Sad I wish we could ride the choo choo, Dax would love it. Maybe we'll have to come down and ride wit cha sometime

Nathan and Lesly said...

I thought about going with my kids by myself and I chickened out because I heard it was packed. The family rate would get you down and back for $25. So I think that might be worth it to wait.