Monday, April 21, 2008

Finished!




So this past Saturday was the Salt lake City Marathon! I am proud to say that I finished the half-marathon! I cannot believe how long 13.1 miles is! That last three miles was like never ending! There were so many people there I couldn't believe it! My sister and I started together, but let me just tell you that she is so amazing! I could tell she was trying to hang back with me because when she finally just went for it I didn't see her again until I finished!I was so impressed that I was able to run the entire time with out stopping to walk! It is amazing to me what you can put your mind to when you think that there is no possible way that you can do it! Not to mention I had an incredible support team! It was so great to be able to come to the finish line and have your family and friends there cheering you on! The rush of energy was amazing.. I felt like I could have run farther!I didn't think it was as hard as I thought it would be. I wouldn't say that it was easy but not as hard! I am sure with out others support I wouldn't have made it! I have the cutest Grandpa ever who is so inspiring to me. He is still going after all these years it is incredible to me! Grandpa Dean has run like 28 marathons what an accomplishment!When I was like 2 miles from the finish line the man who won the marathon (26.2 Miles) passed me... I was in awe! If you could have seen them they were not even winded or tired they were going at full speed.. this was amazing to me. I have to say thanks to my Aunt Cathy who got all of this started and challenged us all to run! Next year we better have more family members jump on the band wagon and run! I am challenging My mother, Vicki, Lindsay, and Brooke!!!
Anyways after we got home Pierce was wanting to play with me and he kept trying to jump on me and saying,"get up Mama, get up!" I said "No Pierce Mama is tired she just ran a big race." He looked at me and with out skipping a beat he said," Yeah Ninny (my sister whitney) ran way, way faster!" Sad! I was cracking up! Nice support from my 2 year old son!
Sunday was not so good I was SO sore! The sight of stairs made me want to shrivel up and die! It hurt so bad to go up and down! Ouchie! I should have stretched! Trent was laughing his head off at me and said that I was walking like an old lady!
Trent was especially excited for me to run, he is so cute. Last week he came home and said guess what I signed you up for the Ogden half marathon! I was like dang it, I was just kinda doing this to say I did it not to make a hobby out of it, but he thinks otherwise. So yeah I have another one in a month! I am a little geeked up about it though to see if I can improve my time! We will see!

14 comments:

The Woods said...

So cute. Congrats. I know I sure as heck couldn't do it.

Anonymous said...

You MUST be crazy if you think that I will run a 1/2 marathon. You know that I'm not a runner. I can't even ride a mile on my bike and I have a 40 miler in June.

Wendy said...

you go girl..that is awesome!!!!

Ashley said...

Yea for you! Sign up for the St. George Marathon and run it with me - your already halfway there with the training! :)

Ken and Jos said...

Congratulations!!! Maybe if we lived closer you could help me train. I want to run a marathon SOMETIME in my life. It's always been a goal, I just haven't seemed to get there :)

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watts Family said...

Way to go girl! It does feel so good once you are all finished! I loved all of the support of the family too. There is another half marathon in Logan in Aug, or a full marathon in Sept, in Logan too. It would be fun to do it with you!!

Mary Ellen said...

Yeah!! Congratulations on finishing and looking so great in your pictures!! The Ogden 1/2 will be slick for you...go for it!

Johnson Family said...

Way to go! That is awesome. I am so impressed. You should be so proud of yourself!

The Woods said...

Tell Trent I don't like the Suns because they're from Phoenix. I still don't like Phoenix. But I like Steve Nash, Stoudemire, Barbosa, Bell, etc. Yeah I saw the Jazz were doing pretty good. You better hope they don't come up against the Suns though. We might have to go to a game in Salt Lake if that happens.

lins.e said...

yay good job Sister, that is sooo fun. I wish i had the time and energy to run one of the baby's, then maybe i could loss my giant butt... maybe next year.

Jeramy and Coleen said...

CONGRATS!! I knew you could finish just from when I spoke with you friday- that is such an accomplishment. Maybe, just maybe I can get there with you.

Keelee said...

Wow girl, you are amazing!! I just ran up my stairs and i'm still breathing hard...i'm suddenly super depressed!! You truly inspire me. Thats' a huge accomplishment.

Nathan and Lesly said...

congrats on meeting your goal!