Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Soakin up the sun!

This is a picture of Brockie from my Dad's birthday party... I love this pic! He is sitting here with a crab... that is what he is, a CRABBY!
A picture of us minus Pierce he wanted nothing to do with us this day, at least one of our children does, although his face is not very convincing!
Pierce playing outside! He love his BIG sandbox that his daddy made for him outside.... hahaha that is what he tells people.. we just don't have a yard yet!

Yesterday was a great day! I love when the SUN is shining! I told Trent that my face had not been so happy in a long time! Trent took the day off yesterday and went golfing with my dad, and his friend Kevin. After they were done Trent,the boys and I all went to get some lunch and to the park. We met my mom there and had a little picnic. Trent and Pierce flew Pierce's kite. He has been wanting to fly it for some time but never has had good wind to do that! Yesterday was perfect! The weather lifted my spirits so much! After playing in the park for a while we headed home to put the boys down for a nap! They were tuckered out!
We thought we were going to have a relaxing rest of the day too, but not so much! When we got home our neighbors were all outside and Blake and Amber were preparing to get their yard done... LUCKY! So we stayed out and chatted. It was fun to actually feel like a neighborhood instead of being like hermits. It made me so excited for summertime to come! I think this summer is going to be a BLAST! We have such great neighbors!  Back to the not so relaxing part... Trent decided that he needed to prepare a ditch in the back yard where we are going to put some retaining rocks along our back patio! I am not sure he knew what he was getting himself into! It took almost the rest of the evening of us( well mostly Trent but I would like to be included since I was the one being his cheerleader!) shoveling away! That is one thing that I think I love about Trent he is ALWAYS willing to work hard rather than take the easy way out! Although sometimes I might prefer to have paid somebody because then his body pays for it, he is getting too old for that. He is the first one to tell you that! Anyways we both got some sweet sunburns and Trent is pretty sore!
We then just had a lazy evening while watching the Jazz game. I have gotten into watching the Jazz this season I don't know why. They have been playing so well lately it is fun to watch them kick every ones TRASH!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Tell Trent he's a great Dad for giving his son such a fun Sand Box!!! Wasn't the sun wonderful yesterday? I feel like crying today (SNOW!)

The Woods said...

We had nice weather here over the weekend too. It felt so nice to be out of the house and in the sun. Just wait until your Jazz play my Suns. Then we'll see who's the best!

Mary Ellen said...

We all got a bit sunburnt with our various weekend activities...That sunshine was good for the soul!

Brittanny said...

that looks so fun! I am glad your kids have something to do out in their backyard...so far- my kids have complained enough this spring to make me think just playing with the hose isn't enough! I love the big crab & the pic...he looks so cute with that thing!

Nathan and Lesly said...

Putting in a new yard is WICKED!

Jamie Reese said...

First of all...Brock looks dang cute and all grown up in that picture. Monday was nice to hang out with the neighbors and enjoy the sun. Look forward to more sunny days. Tell Trent thanks for going golfing with Kevin.
Kevin + golf = HAPPY.
Jamie + HAPPY Kevin = HAPPY Jamie!

Jeramy and Coleen said...

I would have to agree- SUNSHINE!! Yea I have been so excited for the weather too.

lins.e said...

good luck tomorrow on the race.. wish we could come down and see ya. Tell Trent its his turn to wake up with brock tonight.

Anonymous said...

Aren't the sunny, not windy, days the best!! We need to get all the kids together to play in our "sand boxes!"
I love the crab pic!