Tuesday, April 8, 2008

take a deep breath...

The nebulizer!
Staying positive.. Cute little buggar!

It all started on Friday. After about a week of this rotten cold I decided that it was time to take my little Brockie into the doctor even if I did look like one of those paranoid mothers! Too my surprise Brockie had an ear infection and sinus infection. Poor little man! So I went and got his medicine and settled him. And was glad that it was Conference weekend so that we could stay home and mend. Well on Monday it seemed as though he was just getting worse and I was starting to worry! His breathing just sounded really raspy and like he had wheezy breathing. So I waited until Trent got home to get his opinion, because I didn't want to be Paranoid. Trent was like why didn't you take him in he sounds horrible. So our fun filled family night was spent at the Tanner Clinic. They Checked his oxygen level and it was great and then they did a chest xray to make sure that pneumonia hadn't set in ... it looked good too, no signs of it. They gave him a breathing treatment and it totally cleared him up. He sounded much better. They told me that he has Bronchiolitis.The Doctor explained that is was like a more mild form of the stubborn RSV. I wasn't feeling so paranoid now, Now I was feeling bad that I made him suffer all day breathing like that! Anyways, The doctor had us set up for a nebulizer to come to our house, so that I can do breathing treatments every 6 hours to help his breathing! He is doing much better today and it has helped so much. I am so grateful for modern medicine and how it blesses us.I am always so grateful that my little boy has been trying so hard to be happy even though I know that he is not feeling good at all!

Anyways I am going to have to apologize to everyone that I was around. I feel bad. I read about it on WebMD and it says that it is spread just like the common cold. I hope that nobody else gets this. Sorry, Sorry SOrry!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Isn't it funny how we all worry about being paranoid mommies!! I have had to do those breathing treatments before with my boys, no fun!!! I hope he cooperates for you. Glad he is doing better~!

Mary Ellen said...

Oh yes, we have a nebulizer too...Caleb would say, "It's time to blow on my horn!" Sorry your little one is sick. Please let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that there is anything to worry about with my kids getting sick. They'll be just fine. Your mom has been worried about you all day. I keep telling her that you are fine and if you couldn't handle it then you would take her up on her offer to take Pierce. It's just her nature to be worried about others. It's one of her good qualities.

lins.e said...

poor little buddy, thats awful. Thats what dax has had twice.. and we have one of those fun little neubulizers too. well were thinkin about brockie, hope he gets better asap

The Woods said...

Poor litte guy. He still looks so cute and huggable though. Hang in there!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

Poor little Brockie. He is such a trooper he didn't even fuss about anything on Saturday. I really hope he gets better soon though. :(

The James said...

Poor little guy. I'm glad he's feeling better though. Gabe had a nebulizer in Idaho before he was old enough to use an inhaler for his asthma. They do wonders.

Amy said...

Holy cow. I'm so sorry that little Brock has been so sick. I thought I could hear a little stress in your voice on Friday. I'm glad that he is getting better. Hopefully we can get together soon!
Love you

Watts Family said...

It is never fun when they don't feel well. We have been there with the breathing treatments too. I hope he gets feeling better soon.