Tuesday, June 3, 2008

CALIFORNIA






THURSDAY:

So this morning we woke up for the first time in our hotel room. I am not sure what it is but both my kids are sleeping so good this trip. I am totally enjoying that, sleeping in until 8 is like a heaven sent blessing! We decided to go out to breakfast to Denny's. It was a wonderful breakfast and the food was excellent. We had a afternoon Padres game with our friends Miles and Amy Romney (Dylan and Ava too) What a fun time we had there. On the way over to the game our boys fell asleep. Pierce had an accident in his pants and so if you are wondering in the pictures why he has no pants on at the ball game that is why! Luckily they dried out quickly. It is such a fun place for kids. Pierce enjoyed playing on the playground again and they had 2 of the Petco mascots out meeting the kids. Pierce was all over that! He practically wouldn't leave the poor characters alone! We had some yummy ice cream.
After the game we went back to our hotel with our Friends and took a little dip in the pool. It was a little bit chilly but we couldn't resist a pool.
Miles and Amy took us to one of their favorite places to eat called the Soup Plantation the food was yummy and probably the only thing healthy we ate our entire trip. Thanks for looking out for us guys! We should have called it the POOP Plantation... Brockie had been letting some stinking gas the entire time. I was holding him and put my hand on his bum when I realized he had a blow out. I asked Trent to get me a wipe so I could get it off my hand. When I realized that it was all over my chair as well. I tried to escape as soon as possible and Trent stayed behind to clean up. I noticed as I got outside that I also had it all over me. Yummy! So My cute husband had to go back into the restaurant to get some garbage bags for me to sit on while in the minivan! SICK! Needless to say we headed straight back to the hotel!

7 comments:

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

It sounds like you guys had such a good time. I can't believe Pierce loved those mascots so much! And its so cute how he loved sea world. My favorite is when he says "Shamu" and waves his arms in the air.

Emily said...

Oh - I love family vacations. California is the best! Nothing like putting the kids toes in the sand at the beach.

Mary Ellen said...

That sounds wonderful! So glad you had a great time...the poop story is classic...I had a similar episode with a baby on an airplane..not fun!

Johnson Family said...

Family trips are so much fun and I am sure you love spending all that time with your hubby and kids. Looks like you had a great time! I love the poop story!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even notice that P didn't have shorts on until you said so. He'll get the hang of it soon enough!

Ken and Jos said...

Looks like you had some FUN in the SUN. Sick about the poop thing, but I guess that's what comes with having kids.

lins.e said...

sounds like an adventure... brock doesn't even look like himself, he looks like a mexican. miss ya guys