Thursday, June 5, 2008

Seaport Village






Monday:

Today we got to spend the entire day with Uncle Cory. We were really excited. We had plans to go to down town San Diego and see the Pirate ships and Seaport village. Pierce has been really into Pirates lately, so he was stoked! The ships were really neat and there was lots of really cool pelicans around diving and getting fish, they were fun to watch. It was really windy this day. As we walked along the village there was so much to see. They had ponds with ducks and there was a guy there that had rescued parrots, Pierce was in heaven he and Trent got to hold one. He will tell you, "mine was a baby parrot it was green and on my arm, Daddy had a HUGE red one on his shoulder... the parrot says Polly wanna cracker!" I just love the way he says that! It is so cute. We found him a cute pirate shirt that says San Diego, when we saw it we knew it was the perfect souvenir. We had dinner there at Anthony's fish grotto we told pierce that it was yummy chicken and he loved it. I had a hamburger.. not much of a fish person, except for when my dad makes yummy fish and chips!
Then we were on a mission to go to La Jolla shores where the seals come up on the beach. Cory and Cali finally found out where we were headed to and it ended up being pretty cool to see them so close. I absolutely love the picture of me and Pierce there. We finished the night of with yet another chocolate shake from In and Out... I can actually hear myself getting fatter!

7 comments:

The James said...

What an awesome trip!!! One day we will take our kids to California. What a great memory!

Anonymous said...

What kind of face is Pierce making there? You should blow it up and hang it in the house. It's so cute.

Kelli J. said...

Makes me jealous! I want to go on a real vacation! Looks like you guys had a blast!!!

Keelee said...

How fun! Look like you had a great vacation. Don't ya just love In and Out???

Anonymous said...

How fun!! We need to take the kids to Disneyland soon! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Your family is so cute

Brittanny said...

Wow! I love those pics! My dad loved boats & sailed once to CA to Hawii. It looks like you had fun at good ol Disneyland too...and I am glad you are starting your summer off right with a great vacation!

Anonymous said...

Do you have Pierce in preschool for next year? If not, do you wanna do the joyschool? Just wondering, thought he would have fun! Let me know