Wednesday, June 4, 2008

California





Wednesday:

We woke up this morning and packed up all of our stuff to move to our hotel room in Rancho Bernardo. Thank you so much Miles and Amy for letting us shack up with you guys for a few days! Thanks also to my wonderful Friend Amy who works for Marriott so we got to enjoy a beautiful Hotel. The area where we stayed was so nice. Trent and I kept commenting on how pretty the area was and Trent kept saying, "I could live here!" Don't get any ideas, we won't be moving don't worry!
After that was done we made our journey to Sea World for a day of Fun! Pierce was really excited because my Dad has been pumping him up about Shamu for a good month because my Dad recently went there. He brought Pierce back a stuffed Shamu and the kid has smothered the poor thing having to sleep with it every night. Anyways we made our way back to the sea lion show and watched that. It was entirely too cheesy and Pierce wasn't feeling it! Brock has been such a trooper this entire trip he just has been chilling in the stroller which is entirely FOREIGN for him. If he's not being held you can pretty much count on him crying. My neighbors can attest to that! Anyways then over to the shark tank which I was for certain Pierce would be scared but no he loved it! He was so excited about the barracuda and kept asking, " is this the barracuda that ate Nemos mama?" So traumatizing! We then hit the Shamu Show. Can I just say that was amazing. I have to admit that I was probably way more excited than anyone to go to Sea World I have been dying to go. The tricks that they can teach those huge animals is so cool. Pierce enjoyed it and Brockie was once again great! At this point I am thinking, "wow my kids are being so well behaved for not having any naps." There I go thinking too much again. It was almost simultaneously that they began acting up. Pierce was hungry but we were so dead set on making the next dolphin show. We are so stupid! We should have listened to our instinct and stopped and ate.... because MELT DOWNS BEGIN!! Trent ends up going to try and get us food, Pierce starts trying to run away I have both kids and I have had it. I finally get Pierce back in the stroller, but not before he is screaming BLOODY MURDER and I am certain every eye in Sea World is staring at me! I am trying my darndest to refrain from spanking the kid! Anyways no luck for Trent getting us food he attempts another line at this point I had let Pierce back out he was being better, so I thought. He makes ANOTHER RUN FOR IT, I am following behind screaming for him to stop right now. Luckily some nice lady saw me obviously struggling to keep it together and helped me catch the kid. Of course when Trent returns Pierce is a perfect angel and Trent thinks I am on Crack when I tell him that He was being a stinker! This was a painful Trip! We pulled ourselves back together and managed to enjoy the rest of our time there. The best part of the day was when we got to touch the dolphins. Pierce was in heaven and it was suck a cool experience.
After this wonderful time at Sea World we had even more fun to begin. We had a Padres game tonight with Cory and Cali. We had so much fun and we turned in early. Our kids were pooped!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boys look like twins!! Seriously. Maybe there was a mistake in heaven and they were sent down seperate by accident.