Tuesday, July 22, 2008

WALL- E


So Last night we Finally went and saw the Movie Wall-E. Pierce has been so excited to see this movies since the previews first came out!Pierce was actually very into the movie. He sat there so good and ate an entire tub of popcorn. All day he asked me, " Are we going to Wall-E yet?" It was so cute to see the excitement he had. I was even more surprised on how good Brock was. He just sat there for most of the movie just snacking away on Papa's drink. I loved the movie It was such a cute show. I highly recommend it! My parents came with us. It was nice to have them there. I miss the times that we used to spend together when we lived there. We always had a fun event planned for family night.
So this morning when Pierce woke up he said," Hey mama, are you gonna buy me that my Wall- E movie? " Funny. He says " Wall-e liked the white robot and his hand got stuck in her hand!" Funny what they remember. Anyways I thought I would also write about this mornings breakfast fiasco, because I know it will make Trent's parents laugh. So Pierce asks me for eggs this morning for breakfast. I make them and put them on his plate and he decided that he didn't want them. I was pretty upset that he wouldn't eat them. I told him that he couldn't get down until he did. He was throwing a major fit! So I put some in his mouth for him, in which he proceeded to FORCE himself to start gagging. Well he continued that gagging until he eventually threw it up all over the counter. I was so mad! Does any one else experience this? I know that Trent used to do this when he was a kid. ARGGGGHHH What do you do? I am beginning to think that it should be more like the terrible Threes not twos. The closer we get to being three the worse the tantrums get!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh McKay has the gagging reflux down to a pat, he decides daily there are new things he used to love that he does not like anymore...the good news, they do outgrow it. I'm counting the days.....

Ashley said...

Hmmmm. I just tell Jordan if he doesn't eat he doesn't get any other food until lunch. A few hours later he always asks for some more food and I have to stick to my guns and make him starve which equals one grumpy kid! Oh well! I have no idea what to do either!

All my friends that have older kids tell me three is way worse than two. I guess we have a long year ahead of us! :)

lins.e said...

hey dax does the same thing ... he tells me he wants something and won't eat it... I hate cooking for him, thats why i just let him eat cereal most of the time.. if he won't eat it i will. Ian the other day told dax that alligators don't like rice and so if he ate his rice the alligator would stay away (he thinks an alligator lives behind the fridge) mean i know, but it worked

peg said...

Hey,
Ice cream works wonders and hasn't shown any side effects yet with your cousins. Besides it has eggs and milk inside.
Love You, Aunt Peg
Remember Life is short.....

j nordfors said...

Yes, I agree three is worse than 2. By three they stop giving you that cute little grin after. Isabel is almost 5 and still asks for things and then refuses to eat them! John has started making her pay for the food she wastes! Not actual value, just enough to make her wish she had eaten. So far, it's working. The letting them go hungry thing works too, if you can stand the grouchy kid it creates. Good luck!

Mary Ellen said...

Oh that entire scene has been relived at my house about a dozen times! I wasn't sure that Caleb would live past 3 years old, he was AWFUL! He would argue EVERYTHING! Maybe I'm wiser now or Hyrum's just easier but it's a much better experience. I recommend a book called "1 2 3Magic"...it has been really helpful teaching me how to keep my cool and discipline my kids during these difficult ages!

Natti said...

I agree it's definitely not just a two thing! Jaqai is four and the tantrums are still there! But then again I was a little hellion and was an artist when it came to tantrums, so it might just be my own fault.

Kohl said...

Your blog is so cute! Gavin has done the gaggin thing over mashed potatoes. I guess it is the only way they get their point across that they don't like the food. :)