Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Parade Season

Thrilled to be at the parade!!!
Thanks Jamie for the yummy food! Getting ready for the parade to start!
The cutest boys...ready for church, Pierce says," Mama I can hold my Brockie Boy all by my self!"

I love how Pierce smiles when you tell him to! It is priceless!

I cannot tell you how happy I am around this time of year. I definitely think that This is my favorite time of year. It is warm out, We are active, and most of all the holidays that we have that have PARADES! Now I am not sure but I think that this is a genetic trait that was passed down from my mom. She absolutely loves Parades! and so do I. Trent hates this... he said that I never let him know of this love while we were dating, and feels like he was tricked! He usually is a good sport and goes with me anyways! I am not even sure my boys really care to go either. I am always so pumped up to go and when we get there all my boys are like in pout mode. We went to the Syracuse parade this last Saturday and had fun. Pierce got tons of candy and we even got a water bottle and a sweet T-shirt from Golden Corral! I was expecting this parade to be kinda lame, but Syracuse did us Proud! Anyways, I have been trying to make out my schedule for the rest of the months festivities as far as parades so I can get them all in... yahoo!

On another note I must say that I love my two little boys. I don't write much about that, sorry, it seems like I just write about them when they are stinkers. They really are cute most of the time. This past week Trent hurt his back and every night when Pierce would go to bed he would yell out for Trent to com in his room and he would say, " Daddy I almost forgot to kiss you back all better!" isn't that the cutest thing ever? Brockie is starting to move a little he has gotten the bum scoot down and can get around pretty good. He absolutely loves his brother and wants him around all the time, except when Pierce is trying to pick him up by his head! Brock had found a new love though... the little red (Flintstones style) car that goes outside he had maneuver pretty good with that and he just laughs so hard! He is growing up and can you believe that he will be one year old in a few weeks... Crazy! Pierce loves going to his Nursery class and loves his teachers. He often tells me how he loves them and misses them during the week. This last Sunday he came home and he always asks me to sing the son "the green grass grows all around all around, and the green grass grows all around?" I don't know the words so he gets frustrated with me. So he asks me to sing it again and I tell him "buddy I don't know the words!" he then says " Oh geez Mama, I guess I will have to sing you a song then, and he sang I am a Child of God, all the way through."CUTE! That us all I must say today so I don't overload you with my mother's bragging rights!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother in law Diane today! She is an awesome lady! I miss her so much. I loved when Trent and I got to live with them for a summer.. we went on a walk almost every night to go get treats from Jackson's. One of my funnest memories with her was when we went miniature golfing together that summer. We had such a fun time together. She is just such a great mother and awesome role model!I love you Disy!

7 comments:

Burton Family said...

You are so cute. I must admit that I love this time of year also. My husband is almost as excited as Trent looked.

Nicole and Kevin said...

I am going to have to agree with your boys on the whole parade thing...I think they are lame (sorry). Your boys are so cute, and I love the story about kissing your husband's back all better :)

Mary Ellen said...

I LOVE PARADES TOO! And my husband doesn't like them either. Last July 4th he deliberately got involved installing a fan in the boys bedroom on the morning of the July 4th so he would have an excuse not to go and I hauled the 2boys and my big pregnant belly over to the Kaysville parade all by myself and WE LOVED it and I rubbed it in all day long what he had missed out on because he was such a party pooper! This year he says that Isaac needs a ceiling fan, too and I'm saying suit yourself we're going to the parade!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

It is genetic because I am dying to go to the parade on the 4th and Cam just really does not want to go. Maybe I can talk him in to it. Your boys are adorable- Brockie is getting so big! Can't wait to see you guys on the 4th (assuming you are going to the BBQ)! Love you!

Kelli J. said...

I am sad to admit that I am not a parade lover...my dad is MR. BAHUMBUG when it comes to these holidays. I can't even remember the last time Nick and I went to see fireworks on the 4th...oh ya, it was at Stadium of Fire four years ago when they honored Nick's family for their military service! Sad, huh? Oh, one redeeming thing though is that my neighborhood does the cutest parade for the kids on the 4th after a breakfast. Someone hooks up a sweet sound system in their truck and the kids decorate their bikes and wagons and parade around the neighborhood while the adults throw candy...its cute and I do LOVE that!

PS - glad you're doing the BOM Challenge! Yeah!

Jeramy and Coleen said...

I would agree... My favorite memory is going to the Murray parade and then the park and digging out quarters in the sawdust. I always thought I would get so rich!! Your boys are growing up so fast. They are so cute. Way to go MOM!!

lins.e said...

I love them too. I don't know why they are hot and pretty lame, and always half way threw I think why do I like these dumb things. But I always go to like 5 a year, and am sooooo excited about them. we are weird i guess.