Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pierce's First day of Preschool Maryland Style

Pierce has been waiting and waiting for this day to come since we moved out here. He has been so excited about getting to go to school. He is my little social guy, so he NEEDS this time away! He woke up this morning and came into my room and said," I woke up extra early mom because I didn't want to be late on my first day!"
Here he is already to go. Brock wasn't thrilled with his "Best Buddy" leaving. For the first day they were only going for an hour and fifteen minutes, but that was too long for Brock and him to be apart. He was pretty cute, Brock said," good-bye Buddy" about ten times.

In front of his new school. He is going to Christ Memorial Preschool. It is a Presbyterian Church in the area. Their main focus is to teach the basics and also instill the love of God in the lives of the children. They base their teaching off of Bible stories. Quite different from the schools back in Utah, but a great experience for him.

The moment before I say Good-bye.. don't worry there were NO TEARS! We were both excited for this moment. His teacher is Mrs. Laske. I hear that she is great. He will be going 3 days a week. I am so excited for Pierce to get out and meet some friends! Way to go Pierce, you are amazing!



5 comments:

Ken and Jos said...

Sounds like a great school and a wonderful experience!

The Woods said...

Yay for Pierce!! He looks so cute.

Anonymous said...

that's great you found a good place. He looks sharp!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

YAY! Funny that he woke up early for school so he wasn't late. Sounds like something I would have done. Oh, and funny story about his backpack, love that kid!

Kelli J. said...

No tears? What? I have to admit I had tears today on Luke's first day of preschool! I was actually caught off guard by it a little :)