Friday, September 10, 2010

Protecting his older Brother

This is one of those stories I don't want to forget:
A few weeks back I met a friend of mine at Chick-fil-A for lunch. I needed some mommy time to socialize and my kids needed to get out and be with other kids. We decided to go there because of the great combo of good food and a decent play land. While soaking up every moment of my adult conversation, I noticed from afar that a much bigger kid was being a bully to Pierce on the playground. After watching for a few minutes as my sensitive Pierce was just taking the beating and not sticking up for himself, my mama bear instincts finally kicked in and I told the kid to back off and keep his hands to himself. I was pretty nice about it, but after watching again as the boy continued to bully and choke my son I went in again and told him to keep his hands to himself. I also went over to his mother, who mind you was watching the whole thing and NOT DOING A DANG thing, and told her that her son was choking mine. She replied with a," Oh, I'm sorry about that!" Still not getting up to do anything. Frustrated and wanting to hit the kid myself. I told Pierce to come and sit by me for a minute. I left Brock in the play land. A few moments later I watched as Brock went over to the Big bully. I chuckled as I watched my barely 3ft., 30lb, three year old confront this kid, hands on his hips and all. I peeked in and This is what I heard:
Brock: Hey Doufus, You better leave my brother alone! I can beat you up!
Bully: Oh, ya go ahead and try!

Right then I watched as Brock climbed up on the slide, jumped off and karate kicked the kid right in the face! Of course the kid cried. I really couldn't help but laugh! I told Brock to come to me because it was time for us to go. While walking out the kid's mom was consoling her son. I simply walked by and wanted to YELL OUT: "Oh, Sorry about that!" hahaha.

I really was so proud of Brock. His is such a little guy, but has a huge personality. Although, I don't believe in fighting or being mean to other kids, I feel it is very important to be able to defend yourself when others are picking on you.
Brock absolutely adores Pierce. He is always calling him his best buddy. I am glad he was there to stick up for his brother!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I would be mad at the other mom too. I'm glad that little Brock stood up for Pierce. What great brothers!

Kelli J. said...

Wow! So cute that Brock adores his brother so much!!!

Ken and Jos said...

That is so cute of Brock. I get so annoyed with parents that are oblivious!

The Woods said...

What a cute story. Go Brock!! Of course he had to throw a doufus in there. I love those little boys.

Holly said...

I was dying laughing while reading this story. I wish I could have seen that karate kick!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

This is my most favorite story EVER.

Watts Family said...

I love that story and I think it was such a great idea to write it down too! Cute kids.