Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hi- Yah

A couple of months back as our family was leaving a movie theatre, there was a small table set up with a spinner wheel. The guy hosting the table convinced Pierce to come over and take a free spin to win a prize. Well what do you know he "won" 2 free Karate lessons. You know the kind where you go and "try it out" while they hound you with about 50 million reasons why you NEED to join their lessons. Pierce and Brock were all sorts of excited, so Trent and I were good sports and agreed to try it out.
Oh man was it priceless! One of those moments where you wish you had your video camera. Brock was all sorts of excited and so serious about it. I felt so bad for the poor girl that they assigned to instruct them. As she began her class she started going over basics, well Brock thought she was going a little slow for his liking so he interrupts her about a billion times with questions such as: "When do you teach me to break boards?" " At what point do I get my black belt?" You can imagine Trent and I sitting on the bench trying not to bust a gut. Then she finally began the physical skills test. Brock was all business at this as well. Man he was swinging for the fences with each punch and his kicks, oh my, he was trying to do round house kicks. PRICELESS I tell you. I am pretty sure he wore the instructor out.
She sent them both home with homework and told them if they followed through and did their work they could be tested to earn their white belt the next class. They both worked really hard all week and passed off their white belt skills. It was an awesome moment. We didn't end up committing to classes, but it was so worth trying it out.

No comments: