Sunday, September 29, 2013

Summer Movies

Over the summer the theatre here did dollar movie Tuesdays. The kids and I went to them and loved it. We enjoys seeing the movies and of course indulging in the gigantic tub of movie theatre popcorn. Some may call me crazy for dragging all my kids out to the theatre.. is it easy? No! Is it enjoyable? Not always. But most of all we make so very fun memories together! We laugh and have fun in ways that I cannot create at home. It teaches me that sometime I just have to learn to roll with things. That yes my 3 year old maybe still sucking on a pacifier and laying on the disgusting theatre floor, but that is okay! We will live another day. Sure my 6 year old boy may giggle and shout out what comes next in the movie, but that is okay. His laugh to me is priceless and I love seeing him enjoy himself. And My 7 year old might think that going to some of these cheesy movies is dumb and "Not cool" But guess what I saw him smile and actually love the movies! And Most of all my 7 month old may squawk and squeal in the most annoying ways, but guess what I wasn't alone. There were plenty of other mothers in there trying to do their very best as they drug all of their munchkins to the theatre themselves. It made me feel unity and powerful as I sat there as a mom. I can do this! I am not alone! And that is what charges my battery sometimes. I love these little things even though they can drive a girl crazy sometimes.

No comments: