Sunday, November 3, 2013

DIY Dresser into a tool-box

 Trent for a few months has had me searching for "the Perfect" dresser to rehab into a tool box. We found this gem and boy was it a lot of work. The previous owners slathered and smothered this solid wood dresser in several coats of paint. I was sanding and stripping for days! Holy Cow! I couldn't believe it.
 Here's what it looked like after I  finally sanded it enough to get it to a smooth consistency. I knew that I was just going to be spray painting it black so it just needed to be smooth. I had to soak the drawer pulls in paint stripper to get the layers of paint off too.
 I spray painted the pulls silver and the dresser black. We added a build-in on the top so he has a little work area there. It turned out really good. I was actually torn about leaving it in the garage to be honest! Trent couldn't be more happy though. We still have to get some casters to put on the bottom so that he can wheel it around at his convenience.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That's one nice tool chest! You must love him a WHOLE lot! Any cabinet we find for Evan's garage stays just the way we bought it off craigslist :) I still have dressers, inside, that need some love :)

Unknown said...

Good job!