Sunday, November 3, 2013

remembering

The other day Brock had all these Lightning McQueen cars all lined up. He turned to me and asked me why we had so many of these. The memories just came flooding back to me. Remember how you always had to have one in each hand everywhere we went. Remember how you would play with them and crash them together and make all the sound effects. Remember how if we couldn't find every single one of them (you had a mental inventory) you were beside yourself. Remember how you always had to bring all of them to go watch Pierce at gymnastics and revved them up and down the chairs and up the walls. Remember how you slept with them every night. Remember the joy in your face when you got a new one for your collection. Remember how every time we went to Grammy and Papa Russ's house you tried to snag Grammy's McQueen cars too, insisting they were yours. I loved this about you. I remember thinking I never want this to change. I never want him to grow up and now you have. I am glad that when we pulled them out to play with you were happy to see them again. I love you Brock.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He was sooo fun practicing for the primary program today.