Sunday, November 3, 2013

volunteering

 Sometimes your kids volunteer you for things and let you know the day before. Like the day before the due date Pierce comes to me and said I signed you up to donate a blanket you make for the silent auction at the school carnival. Being a nice mom I whipped this baby rag quilt. I thought it turned out quite cute.
Then the day before the actual school carnival Brock says to me I signed you up to make 3 dozen cookies packaged for sale at the bake sale at the carnival and I told them all about how famous your cookies were. I am glad that my kids have such confidence in me, but was unaware that they asked the children to volunteer their parents. Hahaha I guess that is one way of getting things to happen. I have now asked both of their teachers to please give me a heads up when my kids speak up on my behalf!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go mama!

Sadie Lady said...

OMG! You ROCK! I cannot believe that you would get that done so fast. I would have ran to the store FOR sure! You amaze me!