Saturday, March 22, 2008

8 Miles of Freedom!

So I am not sure if I have made this public information but I have been training to run the half marathon in April! Who knows if I will actually run... it may be that I just walk! Anyways I had to run 8 miles today as part of my training and it seemed extremely DAUNTING! I made Trent drive 8 miles from our house and drop me off. As we began to drive I realized how far 8 miles really was because we just kept going and going and going! I said to Trent that I was scared that I wouldn't make it and that I would DIE. Okay a touch of Drama in that statement! Anyways the great husband that I have turned to me and said "don't worry you will do great just think of it as 8 miles of freedom!" HAHAHA I had to laugh. I am proud to say that I did it and in my best time yet! YAhoo.. as Pierce would say," Go Mama! Clap three times!" I was way proud of myself! But I sure do hurt now!

Today was fun with the boys we went to a Easter Egg Hunt in Clearfield and they had 10,000 eggs hidden and it was a free for all when they yelled go. Pierce did really well he got so many eggs. He was so excited! It was so cute to see how happy he was! I can't wait until tomorrow when the Easter Bunny comes. He has been so excited and has been pretend calling him all week long!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey are you talking about the SLC Half Marathon? I am running it with 3 of my sisters! I hope I'll get to see you! I did 9 miles today and well I finished . . . I thought I was going to die too! ;) Everything from my house is uphill which makes coming back home nice! Maybe we'll have to meet up at the start or maybe you can watch me finish since I'm sure you'll be done long before me!

Mary Ellen said...

Big congrats to you Mikelle! You will do great! Put lots of good running music on your MP3 if you've got one and just think of Forrest Gump running coast to coast! Read my most recent post for a laugh about marathon training...it's so true!

deannegalloway said...

way to go Mikelle! I'm training for the ogden Marathon in May and yesterday was my 17 miler. It was SO long. Anyway, I'm sure you'll do a great job, I've done a few half-marathons and it's a great feeling after...I just hope I survive the full.

Wendy said...

Way to go, that is so impressive!!!!

The Woods said...

You go girl! You are much more ambitious than I am.

The Birds said...

Congrats on 8! There is a group of us in the ward that are doing the Ogden half if you ever need running mates! We just did 7 miles this Saturday so we are a couple weeks behind you on training! However, the invite is always open! Good luck and great job!

Ashley Hardison said...

Aren't you the go getter? That is great that you are training for a half marathon. I hope to someday be that motivated. If you need a walking buddy just stop by, I don't mind running but it is to hard with Porter. I am glad I found your blog, now we can be blogging buddies!

Jeramy and Coleen said...

Congrats to you! 8 Miles would seem like forever to me? I don't think I could make it past 4. Maybe one day I will be able to say I can run a half Marathon!