Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We made it through Week One!

So We made it through week one of potty training and we celebrated yesterday a day with not one accident! That is a huge milestone.. way to go Pierce! I am so proud of him. I don't think that we are yet in the clear but well on our way! We still need to tackle the #2's if you know what I mean! But he is doing well and I have not had a breakdown since last week! YAY! Here are some funny stories about Pierce's potty training...

On Friday Trent was home and decided to take Pierce out with him to run some errands. Let me just remind you that he is only wearing Undies no pull-up! So they are getting the truck registered and they are at Jiffy Lube right around the corner from our house. I get a call about 12:30 asking if I can come pick Pierce up because Trent thinks he has to go to the bathroom but Pierce wouldn't go in their bathrooms. I explain that I have no way to come and pick up Pierce because he has both car seats in the truck.So he says he thinks they will be okay. It wasn't but 5 minutes later Trent calls and says that Pierce has peed his pants all over the chair at jiffy lube and the waiting room was filled. He had to take Pierce into the bathroom and try to clean him up as best as possible and then clean the chair that Pierce was on! HAHAHAHa Trent was mortified!

The first time Pierce peed in the Toilet he asked Trent to leave the room and so Trent was standing outside the door when he heard Pierce start to pee. He then heard Pierce say " I am doing it" " it is working" so cute. He was so proud of himself!

He loves getting the prizes and has gotten every single prize in his box that I made for him. I have to get some more.. he is a smart little cookie. Now when he says he has to go to the bathroom he says" mama I need a surprise!" or " lets see if I can make the water yellow!"

Thanks for all you help and advice! Keep your fingers crossed for Pierce!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Potty training boys is not fun! The girls are easier. Good luck!

Mary Ellen said...

I love the "It's working!" Hyrum said that too. Anyway, huge congrats on that! What an accomplishment for your little boy! You must be living right.

The Woods said...

Yeah!! I love the Jiffy Lube story. I can totally picture Trent's face.

Anonymous said...

Pierce is such a big boy. Soon he will have his potty chart filled and Aunt Vicki can buy him a treat. When Tyden use to go to the bathroom and didn't go he would say "It's broken." I use to laugh my head off.

j nordfors said...

Oh I laughed when I read the Jiffy Lube story! So funny! Even better that it didn't happen to you, that might have cost you a breakdown and ruined the record!:)

The Birds said...

So funny! When you are finished, I have a little girl that needs help! Let me know when I can send her over! Just kidding! Tell the little Man, Good job!