Thursday, March 6, 2008

Potty Training....

Yeah right! Potty training SUCKS! Sorry to be so blunt but it really does! I am beginning to think that I have been overruled by my 2 year old! I am not sure what to do! SO we officially ran out of diapers on Monday and I thought to myself why don't I just try potty training him because I am sick of changing two kid's diapers all the time... Silly me what was I thinking! I can say that we have had a few accidents but for the most part Pierce has managed to hold it all day until I put a pull up on him for his nap and then once he wakes up I put undies on again. The pull up when he wakes is Soaked to the Bone! Then he holds it until it is time for bed until I put the pull up on again! What a Joke! If he doesn't have me figured out!!! I am going to lose my mind and I have no patience left! To all of you mothers out there who have one child old enough to be potty trained get it done now before you have another one!!! Because it is hard work and I kept telling myself that I would just do it after Brock was born and Now I REGRET that!! I wish that I just would have DONE IT WHEN I HAD MORE FREE TIME!!!!

Anyone have any ideas on what to do about toilet Phobias? If I even mention the word he FREAKS out! PLEASE help!!! Before they check me into a insane hospital!!

On another note Brock got his first tooth yesterday! YAY! He keeps feeling it with his tongue! It is cute! So maybe that is why he has been extra cranky! I was beginning to think that we had named him wrong and his real name should have been oscar!!!

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Potty training little boys is no different then getting husbands to do home projects for you...You have to make it seem as if it's their idea and not yours.

Hyrum's just barely getting the hang of it, and he turned 3 last November. I didn't even start him until January because he had no interest. Actually Caleb wouldn't train until he was 3 either. I took them to Walmart and spent a small fortune to fill a giant rubbermade box with treats and stupid little toys and let him choose a prize each time he was successful...it was his "potty box". This would at least get them curious. It's still a process though. It takes several weeks or months. Plan on losing it once or twice and pray they're not shamed too badly. :-)

The Woods said...

Try putting Cheerios in the toilet and letting him "shoot them down" so to speak. That sounds like a good boy activity. At our house when I was potty training Kenzie and she would go in the potty we would have a big parade and march around the house singing "Big Girl, Big Girl, Pee Pee in Potty." Yeah I'm an idiot.

Wendy said...

Oh how I feel your pain....(saw your blog link on Jenell's..we are looking forward to going to dinner tonight) My little McKay turned three the end of December and I have been so frustrated... because I also have a 19 month old (two to change and buy diapers for is soooo fun!!!) He is so resistant. I talked with my pediatrician at his 3 year apt and he said only about 45-50% are potty trained by three, and not to push it. When he is ready he'll let you know. That is easy for the pediatrician to say since he is not changing his diapers, but I have tried to relax about it, some days I do better than others. Yesterday we had an "ah hah" moment when we took his diaper off to get him in the shower and he said "I have go pee, but I can hold it til I get to the potty mommy" I about fell over because there was no prodding from me, he just decided to do it. I hear little girls are easier, and I am praying that is the case :)

Anonymous said...

I know that this blog is a little early. I know that Pierce when #1 and #2 yeaterday. He is a smart little stinker. He knows how to work you Mikelle. Maybe now when Tyden goes to the potty Pierce won't just stare at him and he'll go too.

lins.e said...

i'm not really in the mood to potty train so i haven't put much effort into it. But dax seems pretty interested in it. We made a potty sticker chart for him and he loves it, he actually asks to go poo all the time even though he's only done it a couple of times, but he seriously tries with all his might. Its just a big peice of construction paper taped to the back of the door, that he can put stickers on. Kinda lame, but he thinks its pretty cool. We got him some incredibles and cars stickers at hallmark... you should try it, lins

The Birds said...

I found your blog thorugh Wendy's blog! It will be fun to get to know you better! Your family is adorable and your home is beautiful!