Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The National Zoo

While my sister was here we went down to the Washington, D.C. National Zoo. I had been there once before when I was a little girl and remember thinking it was amazing. Well true to form, it was pretty cool.
My favorite part was seeing the gorilla baby. So cute. I also loved watching how the mom was trying to get away from the baby, she would hide and then when it found her she would let out a sigh. Comforting to know I am not the only mother who does this!

What is better than waiting to hold Panda poop. Yes, my boys were so extremely excited to get to hold it. YUCK! What is with boys obsessions with bodily functions.. I didn't see one girl waiting in line to hold it.


Pierce and Brock were sure excited to see the Pandas. They were out and super active which was nice. They are such amazing creatures.
It was a pretty hot day and a lot of walking. Thank goodness they had those misting stations all over the place there. In fact I asked my boys what their favorite part of the zoo was and they said getting wet in the water, go figure.






No comments: