Thursday, December 6, 2007

Granades!

Today was an interesting one. We had just finished all the bathing here and I snuck back into my bathroom to do my hair while the morning cartoons were babysitting my children. I thought that I was SAFE... that is when I heard a loud crashing sound coming from the front room. I ran and to my complete amazement I found my dear sweet son Pierce throwing the glass ornaments at the window and laughing as the shattered into a billion pieces. It was like he thought that they were Granades or something. Needless to say it followed in time out and lots of cleaning on my part. I am so mean!
My dad called just as we were finishing that up and offered to take me and the boys out to lunch. We hit up the local Burger King. Pierce was so excited to see his Papa it was like they were being reunited after being apart for a long time. Pierce wouldn't let go and he was taking in every detail of my dad, his mustache, his hair, teeth, clothes. So freaking cute!
We then had to go drop off some more stuff to the D.I. Man we have a lot of junk that we don't need. You know what they say though, one mans junk is another man's treasure. At least you hope that is the case.
Some good news is that the electrician finally showed up today and so I have had an evening of no BEEPS from the smoke detector...yahoo!
Brock was a mega jabber box today and needs endless attention. I think that my mom spoiled him way too much while we lived there! It is a good thing that he is cute!
I hung two things on my walls today I know what an eventful day! I told you this would be boring to read!

2 comments:

The Woods said...

You are not a mean mom! Devan has broken two of my ornaments too. Everytime she touches anything on my tree she gets a timeout in her crib. The other night I found her throwing my ornaments down the stairs. Luckily nothing broke. Doesn't it seem like the kids get into the most trouble while you are trying to get ready for the day?

JackieSue said...

Why is your mantel a mantel of shame? I didn't understand. Probably cuz the boys don't have a stocking? Your house is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see it. It's seriously gorgeous. I love the fireplace BTW. and everything else. Brock is dang darling! He's so chunky cute and seems cheerful. How fun! So much to say because I just read every post from the start just now. Anyways... your life is exciting right now!