Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

I am trying to fill in for the slacker of a mom I have been lately. We celebrated Christmas with my family on Friday night. All day Friday I was getting ready to have them over to our house.I don't know why but this always stresses me out to have company. I was so proud of myself and kept telling Trent what a good job I was doing. He just laughs at me. I made dinner for everyone and even managed to make my VERY FIRST homemade apple pie. Which I must say it turned out delightful! I was overly impressed with myself and over all the dinner turned out great. It is fun to actually have a place where you can invite people over.
My parents,Tyden, Whitney and Cam came over as well as my Grandpa Dean and Grandma Colleen. It was so nice.Pierce was so excited for his presents. He got a "basbetball shoops" (basketball hoop) and his most favorite gifts were a singing card and chocolate covered pretzels. Easy to please. Brock got a new Car seat. Which is nice because he did much better on our drive to Boise with this.
So on to our adventure to Boise. Our kids have been ridiculous since we got here.I think that Trent and I are looking into a insane asylum. Brock hasn't had a good night since we got here, Pierce is just CRANKY PANTS!I hope we can make it until Christmas.
Done with the complaints... It is really nice to be here with Trent's family. We hardly ever get to see them. We spent the first night here with Lorrie and her family. I have to say it was so nice. I have to say that I have been very LUCKY with the in laws that I have. They are so wonderful and loving. They have always reached out to me and made me feel "at home and like one of the family". Lorrie is probably one of the sweetest people you would ever meet. She NEVER has something bad to say about anyone. She is so welcoming. It was good to catch up. Pierce and Jensyn played so cute together. What a relief. Pierce is amazed by all these cousins. Then Sunday we ventured to Church what a JOKE! We couldn't even make it through sacrament. We went home to get the rest that we all so desperately needed. After waking up the Woods were here. I love seeing them. Kenzie and Devan have changed so much ... they are so Cute! Kayla and I have come to be pretty good friends. It is nice to have someone like that that you can relate to so well. Cory is that way to. It is weird that we are about the same age, fun too. It has been cute to see Brian holding Brock. He is so enthralled with him. Brady and Sasha joined the party later that night. How fun. Their kids are so grown up.
I am sure that I will be filling you in with more Christmas updates and I will share more of our Christmas stories. I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: