Saturday, January 15, 2011

Turning 28 on the 28th


My Birthday is December 28th and this year I turned 28! Wow, I am getting OLD! remember when you were younger and you though that people that age were like ancient? Can't believe that I am one of those ancient people. I would have like to be a little more wise by now, but oh well. The age is definitely setting in though. I looked in the mirror the other day and thought,"Geez your old!"
My parents are cute and flew in the day after Christmas and were here for about a week. That was a wonderful present. It was fun to be with them and just hang out.

The day started out just like any other day, I took Jaida to physical therapy, but it was just the two of us. It was nice to just have to worry about one child and not three. Happy Birthday to me! When I returned home Trent had taken the boys out on an adventure. He started kind of a tradition to let the boys pick out my presents from the dollar store. I know what you are thinking... EL CHEAPO! But no it is actually pretty darn cute to see what they pick out for me. I love how their minds work. They each got me a new coloring book (girl ones with princesses in them. I actually love to color. so that was cute!) Some girly puzzles as well, chocolate (they know me well), stuffed animals, and a soda pop. Trent got me a new outfit and a bracelet.

We went out to dinner st the Olive Garden and had some yummy food. I had to be home pretty early though because Jaida had a sleep study that night. So we got home and had some quick cupcakes from a cake store here in Laurel. They were pretty tasty. I left for the hospital and Trent got Brock ready for the next day, he had surgery the next morning to have his tonsils/ adenoids removed! Yipee!


3 of the best presents I got were these cute kids! Happy Birthday to me!



4 comments:

Ken and Jos said...

Hey, it was your Golden Birthday! Happy Birthday again - it's so weird we are 28... it's kinda freaking me out too.

Amy said...

Happy birthday lady! Glad your parents were able to be there for your birthday and to help with Brock's surgery. Miss you! Man we are getting old, at least I will always be 3 months younger :)

lins.e said...

Your kids are getting soooooo big... I hate that we all have to get so old. Hate hate hate it!!! If it makes ya feel any better mikelle, i will be 29 in april. geez... happy bday again, i like your hair long by the way, your lookin sexy these days... miss you guys!!!

Sadie Lady said...

It is a myth that we get older and wiser, usually just one, and usually just older! hehehe You don't look any older and you sure do keep up with your kids well.